anglea vicario slayed

Here’s the deal I’m not a crazy super feminist because in my opinion men are equally as important but I have to acknowledge the amazing abilities of a woman who knows her worth and her power and Angela Vacario is a fantastic representation of that. I was a little worried about her at the beginning of the book because I was like girl you are heartbreakingly sad the way she was talking about the only thing that she could do is kill herself and all that stuff I was like all right you’re quite the joyful little character there however with the help of none other than Bayardo and of course  Santiago Nassar who allegedly did some stuff she became this mastermind manipulator. We can’t pretend like miss girl didn’t know that there was gonna be an issue with her getting married because she wasn’t a virgin there’s no way that she was unaware of that. she went through with it anyway and married some random dude I guess who she thought had to be attractive because why in the world would you even consider marrying a man who’s not a little bit attractive?? he had money, her family was ready for it and then uh oh we find out that Angela has done the dirty… oopsie. now this sends Bayardo into a little frenzy as we all know.  boy is like absolutely not I cannot have her as a wife and is like take her back which I know I said this in class but let me say it again the way that they kept saying that they were returning her she was being returned the word return I didn’t like that that made Angela sound very objectified and like she was some kind of transaction.  he really said insert cash or select payments type with that one. anyways to get to the fun part the way that she writes him a letter every week for years is 1) dedication like yes queen gets your mans and 2) it’s the way that he did not even have to open a single letter to come back to her… like how did you mastermind that? that was amazing… not only that she saw him and was like oh you’re not necessarily the same way you were long ago but then she was like oh shoot you’re old and fat and have no hair let me call the shots, therefore she did. the amount of powerful feminine energy throughout the novel is not really super evident until you take a little deep dive it’s such an underlying little motif throughout some of the women and I love it especially in the class full of females who have very strong opinions you just have to eat it up it’s too good. I mean beautiful beautiful acknowledgment of her power and low-key none of this would’ve happened had Santiago Nassar  not butt his way between that so minor slay for him I guess.  ha ha slay is  funny because he was literally slain I still can’t get over the fact that he was walking through these peoples house  holding his intestines and then just smiled at them.  that got a good little giggle out of me anyways this was a good nice little read.  I liked it have a joyous day

One thought on “anglea vicario slayed”

1. Great thoughts here. Men ARE important! Sort of.

So, I think both A & B are fairly good looking based on what other characters say about them, but other characteristics dominate–Bayardo’s bling, and Angela’s Wednesday Addams routine. But the whole thing is a classic marriage plot turned upside down, and that’s the beauty of it.