Take a moment and cruise around the Cabin. Here are the works we’ll be studying this year:
- The Hebrew Bible: Genesis (Summer Reading!)
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road
- Herman Melville, Moby Dick (abridged)
- Marjane Satrapi, Persepolis (Graphic Novel)
- Virginia Woolf, Mrs. Dalloway
- Kazuo Ishiguro, The Remains of the Day
- Ian McEwan, Atonement
- Selected Poetry (in between units)
We’ll do some blogging, some writing, some creative stuff, etc., along the way. There’s no Shakespeare, but if you feel cheated, we can watch some plays!
There will be three big IB assessments this year (not including the HL Essay that you will polish up for sending in March): The Individual Oral, the Paper 1 Exam, and the Paper 2 Exam (see the “Assessments” page).
Once I get the logins transferred, you will be able to contribute content using last year’s credentials; if not, we’ll get it fixed asap, once we return to school.
This will be a challenging year, but y’all are an AWESOME class, and I’m expecting great things!